- the communication service made available by us for use on or through computers and mobile devices (the “Apps”);
- our social media and instant messaging application pages and content (our “Social Media Content”)
- our website (the "Site)
- collectively (the Site, the Apps and our Social Media Content) referred to below as the “Abi Online Services”); and through other means (for example, from telephone calls, e-mails and other communications with us, as well as from medical professionals or other third parties involved in our dealings with you).
Abi Global Health Limited is subject to and will act in accordance with the Irish Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679.
1. Questions About Your Personal Information
If you have any questions about our use of your Personal Information you can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or write to:
Data Protection Officer
Abi Global Health Limited
9 Exchange Place, I.F.S.C.
2. Personal Information Which We Collect
Personal Information collected about you and your dependants may include:
- General identification and contact information
Your name, email and telephone details; gender; marital status; family status; date and place of birth; physical attributes; relationship to the policyholder or insured.
- Medical condition and health status
Current or former physical or mental or medical condition; health status; injury or disability information; medical procedures performed; personal habits (for example, smoking or consumption of alcohol); prescription information; and medical history.
- Telephone recordings
Recordings of telephone calls to our representatives and call centres.
- Photographs and video recordings
Photographs or video recordings created in connection with your use of Abi Online Services.
- Information enabling us to provide products and services
Policy or account numbers.
- Social media account and information from Apps
We may receive certain Personal Information about you when you use our Apps or Social Media Content, including your social media account ID and profile picture, and other Personal Information that you provide to us. If you elect to connect your social media account provided by another social media service provider to your account(s) on any of the Abi Online Services, Personal Information from your social media account will be shared with us, which may include Personal Information that is part of your social media account profile or your friends’ profiles.
- Information from Other Sources
To improve the quality of our products and services, and to carry out research and analysis, we and our service providers may supplement the Personal Information we collect with information from other sources, such as publicly available information from social media services, commercially available sources and information from our affiliates or business partners.
3. How We Use Personal Information
We use this Personal Information to:
- Provide Abi Online Services to you and communicate with you and others as part of our business.
- Send you important information regarding changes to our policies, other terms and conditions, the Abi Online Services and other administrative information.
- Assess your eligibility for Abi Online Services.
- Provide improved quality, training and security (for example, with respect to recorded or monitored phone calls to our contact numbers).
- Personalise your experience with Abi Online Services by presenting information tailored to you.
- Identify you to anyone to whom you send messages through the Abi Online Services.
- Facilitate social media sharing functionality.
- Manage our infrastructure and business operations, and comply with internal policies and procedures, including those relating to auditing; finance and accounting; billing and collections; IT systems; data and website hosting; data analytics; business continuity; and records, document and print management.
- Resolve complaints, and handle requests for data access or correction.
- Comply with applicable laws and regulatory obligations (including laws outside your country of residence), such as those relating to anti-money laundering and anti-terrorism; comply with legal process; and respond to requests from public and governmental authorities (including those outside your country of residence).
- Establish and defend legal rights; protect our operations or those of any of our group companies or insurance business partners, our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our group companies, you or others; and pursue available remedies or limit our damages.
4. International Transfer of Personal Information
5. Sharing of Personal Information
Abi may make Personal Information available to:
- Our group companies
- Our service providers & clients
External third-party service providers and clients, such as medical professionals, accountants, auditors, experts, lawyers and other outside professional advisors; medical assistance providers; call centre service providers; IT systems, support and hosting service providers; market research and analysis service providers; banks and financial institutions that service our accounts; third-party claim administrators; document and records management providers; examiners; jury consultants; translators; and similar third-party vendors and outsourced service providers that assist us in carrying out business activities as well as clients which engage us to provide Abi Online Services.
- Recipients of your social sharing activity
- Governmental authorities and third parties involved in court action
Abi may also share Personal Information with governmental or other public authorities (including, but not limited to, workers’ compensation boards, courts, law enforcement, tax authorities and criminal investigations agencies); and third-party civil legal process participants and their accountants, auditors, lawyers and other advisors and representatives as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our group companies; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our group companies, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit our damages.
- Other Third Parties
We may share Personal Information with payees; emergency providers (fire, police and medical emergency services); medical networks, organisations and providers; as well as purchasers and prospective purchasers or other parties in any actual or proposed reorganisation, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other transaction relating to all or any portion of our business, assets or stock. To check information provided, and to detect and prevent fraudulent claims, Personal Information (including details of injuries) may be put on registers of claims and shared with insurers.
Abi will take appropriate technical, physical, legal and organisational measures, which are consistent with applicable privacy and data security laws. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any Personal Information you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us. (See the “Questions about your personal information" section above.)
When Abi provides Personal Information to a service provider, the service provider will be selected carefully and required to use appropriate measures to protect the confidentiality and security of the Personal Information.
7. Retention of Personal Information
8. Personal Information of Other Individuals
9. Communication Preferences
We will provide you with regular opportunities to tell us your communication preferences,. To tell us your preferences and to opt-out, you can also contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by writing to: Service Team, Abi Global Health Limited, Suite 52, 20 Harcourt Street, Dublin 2, Ireland to tell us your communication preferences or to opt-out. Receiving text messages from us: If you no longer want to receive text messages from Abi, you may opt-out of receiving these messages by replying with the word ‘Unsubscribe.’
We aim to comply with your opt-out request(s) within a reasonable time period. Please note that if you opt-out as described above, we will not be able to remove your Personal Information from the databases of third parties with whom we have already shared your Personal Information (i.e., to those to whom we have already provided your Personal Information as of the date on which we respond to your opt-out request). Please also note that if you do opt-out of receiving communications from us, we may still send you other important administrative communications from which you cannot opt-out.
10. Access and Correction Requests, Questions and Concerns
In certain countries, an individual may have the right to access, correct or object to the use of, or request deletion or suppression of Personal Information on certain grounds. Please contact us as set out in the “Questions about your personal information” section above with any such requests or if you have any questions or concerns about how we process Personal Information. Please note that some Personal Information may be exempt from access, correction, objection, deletion or suppression rights in accordance with local privacy and data protection laws.
11. Other information we collect through Abi Online Services
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity, such as:
- Browser and electronic device information;
- App usage data;
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies;
- Demographic information and other information provided by you; and
- Aggregated information
12. Other Information We Collect
We and our third-party service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your internet browser or electronic device: Certain information is collected by most websites or automatically through your electronic device, such as your IP address (i.e., your computer’s address on the internet), screen resolution, operating system type (Windows or Mac) and version, internet browser type and version, electronic device manufacturer and model, language, time of the visit, page(s) visited and the name and version of the Abi Online Services (such as the App) you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Abi Online Services function properly.
- Through your use of the Abi Chatbot: When use the Abi Online Services, we and our service providers may track and collect usage data, such as the date and time your electronic device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded or uploaded based on your device number.
12. Third party services
Please note that we are not responsible for the collection, usage and disclosure policies and practices (including the information security practices) of other organizations, such as Facebook®, Twitter®, Apple®, Google®, Microsoft®, RIM/Blackberry® or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or electronic device manufacturer, including any Personal Information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the Abi Online Services.
13. Use of Abi Online Services by minors
The Abi Online Services are not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and we request that these individuals do not provide Personal Information directly through Abi Online Services.
14. Changes to this Privacy Statement